Thursday, December 2, 2010

Meet Fred

I am big on traditions and am always looking for new traditions to begin with our family. I have heard about the Elf on the Shelf for several years, but didn't really think anything about it till we went to dinner with some of Nathan's family that were in town over Thanksgiving and they were talking about it. Nathan's 5 year old cousin was telling us all about her elf and how he watches her every day to see if she is naughty or nice and then each night reports to santa so he knows what list to put her on.

Black Friday we went to go get our very own elf. Taylor was so excited to bring home her very own elf. Taylor named him Fred. Nathan always jokes with Taylor that her real name is Fred, so Taylor has started naming everything Fred. I really wasn't too surprised when she named her elf Fred.

I love that Taylor is so into Christmas this year and is so excited about Santa. She wakes up every morning and finds Fred because every night he reports to the north pole to tell Santa if Taylor was bad or good that day and which list to put her on and when he flies back, he lands in a new place in our living room. Whenever she starts to act up, we turn to elf Fred and tell him what she's doing and she yells at us to stop and please not tell him. Then she straightens up immediately. It works like a charm to keep her in line!

The Elf on the Shelf is a great tradition and it's fun to see that Taylor enjoys it so much. I am so glad that we started it this year and that Taylor is old enough to understand it and enjoy it.







Elf Fred




Taylor telling her secrets to Fred

No comments: