Thursday, July 21, 2011

Zoey is 9 months old and going through lots of changes!

Zoey turned 9 months old last Friday. We had her 9 month check up on Monday and she has only gained 3 ounces since her 6 month check up. I can't believe it! You can tell that she has slowed down in her growing, but she is still in the 97th percentile. She is almost 30 inches long! 

I was working at the kitchen table yesterday morning and noticed Zoey crawling toward one of her toys. I was so excited I started screaming and scared her to death. She flipped over with this look of panic on her face and was about to burst into tears, but I got her before she started crying.  Taylor was so proud of her that she was finally crawling. Poor Zoey, Taylor is now moving all of Zoeys toys just far enough away from Zoey that she has to crawl to them now. Zoey doesn't seem to mind, she adores her sister and would do anything Taylor wanted her to.

Zoey crawled over to the couch yesterday and grabbed the camera strap (camera was sitting on the couch). She pulled just hard enough to bring the camera down on her face. Thankfully she turned her head and the camera hit the side of her face. She has a small bruise above her right eye. She only cried for a moment and then was over it. She is pretty tough! It was one of those slow motion events where you see it happening and can't get there fast enough. I was going to take her to the doctor, but she doesn't seem to have anything wrong with her except for the small bruise.

I also noticed yesterday that Zoey is getting her first tooth! Her front bottom right tooth has broken through the skin finally! She has been chewing on her fingers more than usual, but she has been drooling and chewing on things for months, so we didn't think anything of it.

Nathan was playing with the girls on the floor last night and put Zoey down on all fours to try to get her to crawl. She pushed herself up into a sitting position instead! Holy cow! She crawled for the first time, cut a tooth and sat herself up all for the first time yesterday. Big day for Zoey!!!

No comments: