Here's my cousin Angie, Jeff and Vince with Taylor.
Taylor met little two brothers on the cruise. They had been watching each other for a while and then finally Taylor made her way over to play with them. They were so sweet together.
Monday we drove down to Medford where GG lives which is 4 hours from Portland. When we got there, we went straight to work in her yard. GG has beautiful rose bushes and grapes woven in lattice fences. Her back yard is beautiful, but needed some work since it is getting harder for her to do it. We spent 2 days working in the yard and Taylor ate dirt for the first time. If only I had a picture! I don't think she minded it, but I wasn't about to let her think it was okay to eat dirt.
Enjoying a little lunch on the patio.
Working hard in the yard - such a big helper!
Thursday night, Angie, Nathan and I went to the RoxyAnn Winery in Medford. I had never been to a wine tasting before. They had a dessert wine, a late harvest viognier, that was fabulous. We had such a great time.
This isn't my best picture, but it shows the cute little winery.
Friday we went to Crater Lake. I had been when I was little, but I don't remember it being this beautiful. I guess you don't always appreciate things when your little. Nathan was impressed and said it put Lake Tahoe to shame. I'll let the pictures speak for me. They say a picture is worth a thousand words......
Taylor with GG at the lodge waiting to eat lunch.
Angie, Nathan, Taylor, me and Uncle Bob
This is one of our best family pictures from our trip. I do wish that Taylor didn't have a cookie in her mouth!
Well, I wish I could finish out the post on our trip with smiles and rainbows, but I have to tell about our flight back to Dallas. It started off great - Taylor went to sleep an hour into the flight. Half an hour later, she woke up when they turned the fasten seatbelt sign on. This is when the nightmare started. I guess the pressure had built up in her ears while she was a sleep because she screamed bloody murder for an hour and a half - I'm not exaggerating! We tried everything, but she wouldn't eat or drink anything. Nathan and I had to stand in the back of the plane while she screamed and threw herself around. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. Finally we got the eye dropper out and gave her water with it. She finally started sucking on it and after half an hour, she stopped crying and became the precious little angel we know and love. Everyone on the plane were so sweet and tried to give us advice and help, but nothing worked. I just knew they were going to clap when we stepped off the plane. Needless to say, we will not be traveling by plane until Taylor can pop her own ears and I will never travel with an infant again!



No comments:
Post a Comment