Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend at Grandma and Grandpas in Houston

Taylor and I went to Houston for the weekend because I was helping throw a baby shower for my moms bestfriends daughter. Nathan had a wedding in Tulsa he attended for a work friend, so Taylor and I road tripped to Houston friday and saturday I went to the shower with mom while my dad babysat Taylor. We rearranged the furniture in the living room to block her in there with grandpa. I was kind of worried about them, but they did fine and had a good time together. I forgot Taylor's toys, so she had to play with tupperware and measuring spoons all weekend.



The baby shower was really nice and it was great to get to see Mrs. Patterson and Michelle (mommy-to-be). My mom and Mrs. Patterson worked together for many years at KHS and Michelle babysat me several times when I was little. They are practically family to us!



While in Houston, my dad and I took my mom to the mall to buy her her birthday present. She would die if I told yall her age, so I'll just say it is a big one!! While we were in Macy's, Taylor couldn't stop watching the escalators. My dad took her for a ride on the escalators and she loved it!





Taylor and I left Houston around 10 am this morning to head back to Dallas. We were ready to get back to see Nathan, but also, Crystal had her baby saturday morning. Taylor and I went straight to the hospital when we got into Dallas this afternoon. We got to meet little Somang (pronounced Soma). She is precious and absolutely beautiful! Taylor said Hi to Somang and then checked out the hospital room the rest of the time we were there.

What a busy weekend.

No comments: