Friday when I was in the office, my boss told me about some work he had found for me to do and how it would run through August. I will be helping out with a project funded by the State of Texas and the best part is, I get to go through some training and get another professional license. The more licenses and knowledge you have, the better chances of finding a job are. It looks like I will be staying at Delta for awhile because of this project, so I am happy. For those of you who don't know, I was about to be let go from my company last week if we couldn't find any work for me to do. My boss dug deep and saved my job. I told yall Friday morning that when I saw the beautiful sunrise, that I knew it was all going to be okay. God answered my prayer!
Saturday morning we took Taylor to the Coppell Family Fish at the Aquatic Center and she got to fish in a stock tank and in the lake. She enjoyed watching the fish in the stock tank and pushing the rod down into the water as low as it could go. We caught a fish in the stock tank, but she wouldn't touch it. When we went down to the lake to fish for a while, Taylor was more interested in freeing the worms we were using as bait. We only got one worm on the line before she released all the other worms into the water.
After our brief fishing experience, we went inside the aquatic center for Taylor's swim lesson. She is doing awesome! She is getting where she will walk into the baby pool all by herself and splash around in it. She is getting better about laying on her back in the water and kicking. She likes it when we get to use the noodles and kick boards in class. They sing songs like 'The Wheels on the Bus' and 'Ring around the Rosie' in the class to do swim exercises like kicking, splashing, etc. Taylor loves it when we get to sing and do the motions in the water. She doesn't care to have me dunk her, but she does like to blow bubbles in the water.
We came home, got cleaned up, ate lunch and Taylor and I headed out the door to go to Houston. We drove down to spend Mother's Day with my parents and my dad's birthday was Tuesday, so we stayed through Tuesday. Mother's Day was nice, we didn't do much, but that was the best part. Mom and I, well, mostly mom, worked on Taylor's birthday dress. Her birthday party theme is cupcakes, so we found some cute cupcake fabric and mom made her a dress. It is so stinking cute! Anyways, on Monday we met one of my best friends and her mom in the Woodlands for lunch and a little shopping. Ashley and Mrs. Sheila were our next door neighbors in Kingwood for several years and we have stayed in touch. I have known them since I was 5 - sot that would be 23 years I've know them - man that makes me feel old! I'm digressing, sorry. We had lunch and then walked around to do some shopping. There was a grassy area for people to hang out in in the middle of all the shops with a water fountain structure. I call it a water fountain structure because I don't know what it is really called. It was one of those water things where the water shoots out of the ground at several different points and the kids get soaked when the walk across it. Hopefully the picture will show you what I mean since I don't know what it is called. Anyways, Taylor loved it! Granted she got soaked, but she had a great time. We just stripped her down to her diaper for the ride home. Yall, she was sound a sleep within 5 minutes of us leaving. That night we took my dad out for his birthday dinner. Taylor and I left Tuesday after having lunch with mom at Chelsea's. I don't know if I have told yall about Chelsea's or not, but it is the best little deli in the world! Yum!
This kept her entertained for 45 minutes straight!
We got home Tuesday afternoon and it was nice to be home. Wednesday night we went to Nathan's basketball game and last night we had a nice, relaxing night at home. I was hoping for a slow, relaxing weekend here at home, but Nathan has a men's retreat tonight through tomorrow afternoon. Life just never slows down!



No comments:
Post a Comment