Friday, October 23, 2009

Fruit Loops make me smile

Taylor had a bowl of fruit loops for breakfast this morning. I am not a fan of fruit loops, but she seems to love them. I only bought them so that she could work on stringing them on a string since they have a big whole in the middle of them. I think she ate more than she got on the string that day. Anyways, she had some this morning for breakfast without milk because we are out of milk, so I let her take her bowl of fruit loops with us in the car on the way to Tammy's.

I had to go to the podiatrist for my foot this morning after I dropped her off. When I was sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor, I looked down and saw a little piece of green fruit loop on my sweater. I picked it up and smiled because it made me think of Taylor. It was such a sweat, sincere moment.

That moment I knew what I was going to write in our 'Book of Joy' tonight. To fill you in, Courtney told us about this lady who's blog she reads who does a bible story every night after dinner with her family and then everyone tells what they are thankful for. I think it is called a Gratitude Journal. Courtney told us about this one morning in Bible Study and gave us our own journals. Mine had a "J" on it, so I call it our Book of Joy. We try to do it every night, but we don't always remember to do it. Okay, back to my story.......Tonight, I will write Fruit Loops in my Book of Joy.

It's the little things in life........

1 comment:

jrodges said...

Love the idea for the journal :) I think I will start one of my one.
Precious Taylor ;) and her fruit loops I can just see her eating as she is stringing :)