Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Playdough with Taylor

We signed up to bring playdough in December for Taylor's KDO class. I was so going to just go buy some playdough, but the teachers gave me the recipe and it looked pretty easy. So, tonight Taylor and I made a batch of playdough. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make. We made red playdough with a mint scent. Taylor loved getting to pour the ingredients into the pot and then stirring the playdough (before I turned the heat on on the stove). Taylor is such a good little helper.













Recipe for homemade playdough:

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 cups water
3 TBSP of vegetable oil
4 tsp cream of tartar
any color of koolaid

Mix all ingredients over medium heat until dough starts to pull away from the sides and forms a ball. Remove from heat and out in a large ziplock bag. Knead for a few minutes.

No comments: