Friday, May 8, 2009

Magnificant this morning

On the way to work this morning, the sun was rising through the clouds and it was....magnificent. It was beautiful. The sun was a soft orangish-yellow color and the clouds had a pink tint as they strolled over the sun. I wish I would of taken a picture, but I was a little busy driving at the moment. Looking at the sun this morning, just made me stop for a minute and soak in the beauty of it. I've been pretty down lately because of my job situation and this morning looking at the sun, it gave me a sense of "it is going to be okay" today.

In bible study, we have been reading a book called, "Mission of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson (which is fabulous by the way and I recommend all mothers read it). Our last chapter was about teaching our children about nature and how God created everything living thing, etc... We talked in bible study about how our children will go outside and they get excited to see a tree, or a bird, or a rock and how it is always so amazing to them. Taylor loves to see the wind blow the trees. She will stop and stare as the leaves sway in the wind and make that rustling noise. She gets so excited and the other day I stopped and watched it with her. It was pretty neat - it is amazing how we stop noticing things like that the older we get. We can get so caught up in the things we are doing that we miss out on the simple joys in life like watching the wind blow the trees.

For me this morning, watching the gorgeous sun rise, was like the wind blowing the trees for Taylor. I could of stopped and sat and watched the sun rise all morning. It was....magnificent.

1 comment:

Rosemond said...

We've been going outside more, too, because of the book...I never looked at it that way!