Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Foot problem unknown....

I went to the Orthopedist last Monday to see if he could do something about my foot. He looked at the x-rays and said he didn't think there was a break (like my chiropractor had thought). He said an MRI should show us what is wrong with it since he didn't see anything on the x-ray. We waited all last week to see if our insurance would approve the doctors request to have me get an MRI of my foot. Finally Friday we got a letter from the insurance company saying they had denied his request. Monday the doctor's office appealed it and yesterday the MRI place called and apparently the insurance had approved the request with more info from the doctor. I went in yesterday afternoon and had the MRI.

I can totally see how people would freak out if they were having an MRI of their chest or head. Luckily only my foot had to be in the machine, but I don't think I could of handled my head in it. Anyway, I am glad to finally get the MRI and now hopefully the doctor can find something wrong with my foot. It has been over 2 weeks since the pain started and I am ready to know what is going on. Hopefully it is nothing serious and just something that can be easily fixed.

No comments: