Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vacation Day Four

Saturday morning I went to a funeral with my mom for my Dad's cousin Beverly McCants. I had met Bev several years ago at my parents house when my parents had a family reunion there. She was full of life, but cancer finally beat her in the end and she passed away several days before we arrived in Phoenix.

After the funeral we went back to Aunty Opal's house to finish painting the kitchen. We spent all afternoon painting and got it finished. Nathan took Taylor back to the hotel to go swimming when she woke up from nap and then they went to dinner together at a German restaurant. I am not a fan of German food, so Nathan was happy he got the chance to go without me. Mom, Angie, Grandma, and I ended up going to our favorite Jewelry store in downtown Scottsdale before we were going to see Aunty Opal. We spent 2 hours in the store and got some fabulous pieces! We spent so much time in there, we missed our opportunity to go see Aunty Opal so we went to dinner. Nathan and Taylor met us at the restaurant and sat with us while we ate.


Us at dinner

No comments: