Friday I went to the orthopedist (finally!) to get the results of my MRI on my foot. It has been 4 weeks since the pain started. I don't know why I was surprised, but the doctor said they didn't see any broken bones or torn tendons/ligaments in my foot. He said they found a little bit of fluid on my big toe joint which he believes is causing the pain. He prescribed an anti-inflammatory which should stop the pain. If it doesn't he said he would give me a cortizon shot in my toe (hopefully it won't come to that - I hear they are painful).
I am glad there aren't any broken bones or anything torn, but I wish they really knew what was wrong. I'm hoping it is this fluid and not something they couldn't see on the MRI. Hopefully the pills will help and the pain will be gone soon. Once the pain is gone, I get to start working out again and running! It's amazing how much I have missed my daily runs with Katherine.
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment