Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Breaking the rules

Nathan and I have a rule that we do not pull out the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. I hate it that all the stores pretty much bypass Thanksgiving and pull out the Christmas decorations right after Halloween. I've noticed that past few years that some stores even pull out the Christmas stuff before Halloween is even over. I don't have a lot of Thanksgiving decorations, but I have a few we put out for the season.

I decided last night that I was going to pull out all the Christmas decorations early this year and go ahead and get the house decorated while I have the time. Work is finally picking up and I am going to be busy after Thanksgiving, so I thought since we aren't going to be here for Thanksgiving, we could go ahead and put out the Christmas decorations. If we were going to be here for Thanksgiving, I wouldn't even think about pulling out Christmas decorations. Our tradition has always been to put out decorations the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Nathan said it was okay, so since I have some time this week, that is what I will be doing in my spare time. I love Christmas decorations and this time of year. I guess since I get to put out the decorations, that means I get to start listening to Christmas music!!

1 comment:

Phil and Beki said...

LUCKY! Phil says Thanksgiving night we can put everything up...so we wait :)