Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

The Family at Thanksgiving



Dad, mom, Tom, Diann, Nancy and Rich (dads cousins)

We are back in Dallas and glad to be home. It is so nice to go stay with family, but there is nothing like being in your own home and getting to relax. Anyways, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving break in Kingwood.

I did get up at 4am friday morning to go shopping. My mom is a total trooper and got up early to shop with me. Let's just say I didn't have to twist her arm very hard to get her to go! We hit a few stores and stood in some hilatious lines to check out, but it was fun. We did all the shopping we wanted to and headed home by 9:30 am. My dad took the family to Galveston to go see the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, so mom, Taylor, Nathan and me stayed in Kingwood. Mom watched Taylor for us and Nathan and I went to go see a movie. I think we have only gone to see 2 movies together since Taylor was born. We went to Four Christmas' with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. It was pretty funny and not very long. I think it was less than 2 hours long. Anyways, when Dad got home with everyone, we went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Kingwood. It was pretty good and Taylor's kids meal was super fun. There is a picture below.

How fun is her meal? I think they normally light the pink stuff on fire, but they didn't with Taylor. I'm so glad they didn't!

Don't you just love her silk pj's from China. Mom and dad got them for her last April when they went to China for 3 weeks.

Saturday all of the family left so we hung out with mom and dad. Taylor helped us make coffee and homemade biscuits for breakfast. Nathan and I did have lunch with some friends, Chris, Missy and Elizabeth Hill. It was so good getting to see them again. Elizabeth is just a doll! After lunch we headed home and Dad and Nathan went to go play racquetball. Dad loves racquetball and Nathan only gets to play when we are in Kingwood with my dad.
Taylor making coffee with Grandma and Grandpa Koester.
Taylor helping me make biscuits.


Chris with Elizabeth Hill. She is precious!

We got up at 7:30 this morning and drove home to miss the traffic. It worked! We just cruzed home with no problems and of course, Taylor fell asleep as we were pulling into Dallas. It never fails, we want her to sleep the whole way there and she only falls asleep when we are getting there. Oh well, it could be worse, right?

That concludes our Thanksgiving break and we wish we could of seen all of our friends in Houston, but there never seems to be enough time when we are visiting family. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

The Huskeys said...

So, glad you made it home safely...but now I have no idea who I'm going to see Four Christmas's with! Eddy thinks we should see Twilight next...Talk to you soon!