Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving....gobble, gobble

Oh how I love a short work week! It went by so fast and then I get an extended weekend - it's wonderful!

We are down in Houston for Thanksgiving with my family. We drove in Wednesday evening to my parents house and my dad's cousins from California and Louisiana are here for the holidays. What fun!

Nathan, Dad, Taylor and I got up this morning and headed downtown for the Thanksgiving Day parade. The parade isn't as big as the one in New York, but it was still nice. Taylor loved it! She liked all the big balloons (Sponge Bob Square Pants, a puppy, Barney and several others) and the bands playing music. She would go from sitting on my dads or Nathans shoulders to see the parade to wanting down when the bands would come by to dance - it was precious!




We got home around 11:30 and helped with the Thanksgiving dinner. Well, the turkey did not debut today in the Koester house. For some reason, mom's turkey did not cook all the way through, so we had ham with dinner. I do not eat ham, so I had a plate full of mashed potatoes and sweet potato pie - works for me! I don't like the stuffing, cranberries and green bean casserole, so I ate potatoes for lunch/dinner. Sounds like a dieters worst nightmare - good thing I'm not on a diet! Oh well, we are going to eat the turkey tomorrow, so at least I get turkey.

I am currently preparing my shopping schedule for Black Friday. I plan to get up at 4am and hit the stores and I'm so excited! I think I might be on my own this year, no one wants to go with me that early! I like the excitement of the crazy shoppers and getting all the super good deals! I'll let you know tomorrow how it went!

Happy Thanksgiving - gobble, gobble!!!!

1 comment:

Phil and Beki said...

So you really got up and hit the stores at 4 a.m.? How was shopping? We have been home all day to avoid the craziness - I may go shopping when the kiddos are all back in school - and have way less stress in the whole shopping experience! We should get together - we are here in The Woodlands :)