Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fast, fun weekend

Friday night we had social with our Sunday school class at Ole's Mexican restaurant. We have such a wonderful Sunday school group. Saturday we spent the morning at IKEA buying Taylor shelves, a table and chairs and some mirrors for her playroom. When we get the playroom put together, I'll post a picture. We went to the Frisco mall for lunch because Nathan loves food courts. He loves having so many choices in one spot. Works for me, we almost never eat from the same place when we are at a food court. Taylor loves horses and just kept saying, "Neigh, neigh" all through lunch because she could see the carousel. We took her on a ride and she absolutely loved it! She's gone before, but I didn't have my camera with me that time (shocker, I know!). Nathan had to take Taylor on the carousel because I get motion sick. Isn't that so sad!





After lunch I went to a baby shower for my sweet friend Lacey at Walls of Clay in McKinney. I've never been to one of the those paint a piece of pottery places, but you know, it was really fun. I really enjoyed getting to make a piece of pottery. Here is the before picture:


The plate has three turtles (yep, that's right - turtles baby!) with all of our names under a turtle and then it says "The Theaux Family" on the top right side. I had to free hand the turtles, so don't laugh. The lady at the store is going to write all the wording in pretty letters for me, so hopefully it will look better than it does now when it comes out. I really love this kind of stuff, but I wish I was more artistic. When I get it back in a week, I will post the finished picture.
We went to dinner with some college friends last night and it was really nice. Today we are going to finish her playroom once Nathan gets home from basketball practice.

No comments: