Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend in Houston

We drove down Friday night through the horrific rain storm to mom and dads house. We decided that Taylor could just sleep in the queen size bed instead of a playard. She was super excited, but I don't know if it was because she was too excited or what, but she had a hard time going to sleep. She didn't fall asleep till 1am - which means, I didn't fall asleep till 1 am. I kept going into her room to check on her and she was wide awake, finally when I went in at 1, she was asleep. We blocked her in with pillows and she did great!




Saturday mom hosted a Chez Ami catalog party with friends and it went great! I was hoping that Taylor would model some of the clothes, but she slept through the entire party. I think she was alittle tired from being up so late the night before.

After the party, Nathan and I went to a wedding over in Cypress, Texas. It was a couple that Nathan works with, so tons of his coworkers drove down for the wedding. It was actually a renewal ceremony, but they had a nice big wedding with the white wedding gown, tuxedos, reception, and sparklers. Mom and dad kept Taylor for us, so we had a night to ourselves. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a blast.


This morning we got up and left Houston by 9am. I had a baby shower to attend to this afternoon back here in Coppell. Taylor slept the entire time I was at the baby shower, so Nathan got to watch the Cowboys game (he tivoed it so he didn't miss any of it) with no distractions.

It was a nice weekend, but it just went by too fast!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Katie, I'm so bummed that I wasn't able to get to KW to see you this weekend. We had a crazy weekend. I hope the party went well. Keep me posted on your next trip to town.

Kendall, Angie, Grayson, Jessie and Tazzy said...

HOT MOMMA!