Monday, December 22, 2008

Making sugar cookies with Taylor

I have some catching up to do from last week. Thursday night Nathan was out with his group from work for their Christmas party. I decided that we needed to make some Christmas cookies, so Taylor and I made some sugar cookies. I can't really say made, because I didn't make them from scratch. I bought the ones that you can break off the individual squares and place directly on the cookie sheet. I broke off two and smooshed them together, then Taylor used her cookie cutters to make the shapes. Once she would push the cookie cutter into the dough, she would started to eat the inside of the cookie cutter. Needless to say, I had to get the cookies from her as fast as I could after she made the shapes with the cookie cutters. I hate the taste of raw cookie dough, but not my daughter. She just kept signing more, more, more after each bite. I got the cookies put on the sheets and in the oven as soon as possible so she would stop eating all the cookie dough.

She is such a good helper. It was fun to do an edible project with her. I think edible projects are the best projects anyways!
She knows what she is doing!
Can you see the holes in the gingerbread man's tummy from Taylor?
She didn't want to waste any raw cookie dough!

No comments: