Monday, December 22, 2008

Meeting Santa Claus up close and personnal

Friday afternoon we drove to Brownwood for the annual Taliaferro (pronounced Trolliver) Christmas party. This is the only time of year that we get to see all of Nathan's family on his mom's side. Some live in Brownwood, but the rest live in the Midland-Odessa area. The family Christmas party is always so much fun.

Friday night we decided we needed to go see Santa at the mall to get Taylor's picture taken since we hadn't done it yet and Christmas is only a week away. She was a little timid at first and had a death grip on Nathan. Nathan had to sit with her at first next to Santa, but he was the nicest Santa and Taylor quickly warmed up to him after he gave her a gingerbread man cookie. (Yes she is motivated by food just like her mother!) We got a really good picture of her with Santa and no tears! To be honest, I really thought she was going to throw a fit having to sit with him, but she did great.
He's not so bad from a distance. I don't think you can really see the death grip she has on Nathan in this picture.
Still not to sure yet, but at least she is close to him.
I don't have the picture of her on Santa's lap uploaded yet, so I will have to do that tonight when I get home from work. Check back to see it, it really is cute.

No comments: