I just want to salute all of you who run marathons, half marathons and 5K's. I've been wanting to run a 5K for years, but the first and last one I signed up for, I had to cancel because I found out I was pregnant with Taylor and was going to be delivering her the week after the race. I didn't think I was really up for that! Anyways, one of my friends who just had a baby and is getting back into shape is wanting to run a 5K in April, so I told her I would run with her. I'm not promising that I will run the whole way, but I can try.
I ran cross country in high school and I wasn't any good or anything. I was usually close to the end of the line, but I could always beat the hurt kids. I did enjoy running with my friends though and it was a great workout. I figure if I should be able to get back into shape and be able to run 3.1 miles again. Easier said then done, but it is a goal (for all of you in bible study) that I want to complete this year.
I'll keep yall updated on my progress because I just started working out again two weeks ago and I can honestly only run about 1/2 a mile before I'm dying. How did I get so out of shape?
13 years ago



3 comments:
good luck. i ran one after jessie was born. it is embarrasing to admit that it took me almost 45 minutes!! my friend shari amazes me at how much she runs. she always tries to convince me that i can do it, but i am scared. i ran a mile the other day and thought i would die. what is your training schedule like? what 5k are you running? i wish i had the motivation to do it!
Hooray for goals!
That is one of my "goals" too! But, we'll see how it goes b/c I can't run a mile now! What race are you running in April?
Post a Comment