Sunday, August 9, 2009

KHS 10-year reunion


Nathan and me at the reunion!
When I first heard that we were having a high school reunion, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go. I figured that I kept in contact with the people that I really cared to keep in touch with. Then I got on facebook a few weeks ago and reunited with several people from high school that I haven't talked to since high school and I started to get super excited. I have been looking forward to my high school reunion since then. I found a dress Thursday that I just had to have and totally fell in love with. It is a champagne color with tiers of fabric down it and it made me look skinny. We went and picked up my dress Friday on the way out of town (it's a long story). I searched the mall in Kingwood Friday night to find some shoes to match since mom didn't have any gold dress shoes to go with my dress and I sure didn't have any gold dress shoes. I finally found some Saturday afternoon just hours before the reunion.

We got all ready and headed downtown at 8pm (that's when the reunion started). We arrived at the Westin Oaks at the Galleria and went up to the 21st floor. There were a lot of people already there so that was nice even though I didn't recognize half of them. There were almost 900 in my graduating class, so I didn't even know everyone when I was in school. We walked off the elevator and Nathan ran into a guy he use to work with before I even saw anyone I knew! Come on! When we walked into the room, I started to see more people I knew.

We mingled the rest of the night and got to catch up with tons of people. One of Nathan's fraternity brothers, Kyle Lewis was there so Nathan knew 2 people at my reunion, so it wasn't so bad for him. They only played fast music, so we didn't get to dance. Usually we would of danced, but one of my brand new high heels broke within the first 30 minutes of being at my reunion, so all night I had to be real careful when I walked not to step hard on my heel so I didn't fall on my face.

It was so wonderful to get to see everyone at the reunion and hopefully we can stay in touch better this next 10 years.
Kim Muerlle and me
Beki Smith and me
Morgan Alexander and me

2 comments:

The Huskeys said...

Love the dress! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Brett and Katherine said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! And, I'm so glad you were able to find the dress--it is beautiful!