Saturday, July 12, 2008

First Ouchy

I failed as a mother today. I should of known better. Taylor was stading in the kitchen this afternoon while I was packing her diaper bag. I gave her her sippy cup (while she was standing) and then she fell over - flat on her face with the sippy cup in her mouth. She started crying and screaming a cry I have never heard before. I picked her up immediately and blood was coming out of her mouth. I completely freaked out and started crying and ran into the bathroom with Taylor. I had no idea what to do, and the more I cried the more she cried. I was afraid she had busted her two top teeth or the top pallete of her mouth. The blood finally stopped and once I stopped crying, she stopped crying. I couldn't see anything wrong in her mouth, so hopefully everything is okay. She does have a bruise on the side of her mouth though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Katie, You didn't fail as a mom. You're a great mom :)Don't be so hard on yourself.

Claire! said...

Happens all the time. One time, Zach was just walking and did a face plant - blood everywhere. I literally watched it happen. My only suggestion - keep popsicles on hand. Not only does it help any bleeding, it helps calm them (and you) down. Pop-Ice (the ones in plastic) are the least messy but regular pops are more fun!