Taylor just woke up crying which is unusual for her. She may wake up once or twice a month at night to let out one single cry, but that is it. She just woke up and wouldn't stop crying, so I went in to get her. I picked her up and her hair was completely soaked from sweat I guess. She wouldn't stop crying so I sang her her lullaby. Her lullaby always seems to calm her down no matter what. I held her in my arms against me, sang her lullaby and rocked her. I don't think I have rocked her since she was 3 or 4 months old. She just laid there and let me love her. I laid her back down in her crib after about 10 minutes and she rolled over and is probably already asleep again.
Here is the story of Taylor's lullaby. When I was pregnant with her, I wanted a to be able to sing her a lullaby like moms do with their babies in the movies. I don't know if my mom sang me a lullaby, but I really wanted something special to sing to Taylor. I had no idea where to begin to find a lullaby. Well, Taylor arrived and I still hadn't found a lullaby. When I bought Taylor's bedding, the mobile came with it and we turn it on every night to help her go to sleep. Some nights I would sit in her room and wait for her to fall asleep while her mobile played. One day I just started singing this lullaby to her before she went to bed. I have sung the same lullaby to her every time she gets upset or gets hurt and sometimes before bed to calm her down. The lullaby hasn't failed me yet and I hope it never will. I love it because it is special between Taylor and me since no one else sings it to her. A few days ago I realized where I got my lullaby - from her mobile. I had never put the two together. It's funny how things work out without you even knowing it!
13 years ago



2 comments:
So sweet! I love it :)
I tried to sing her a lullaby too once -- not so much. she did NOT like it. so, rest assured that your lullaby is special just between you girls. It will always mean something and she'll do the same when she has a biscuit.
Post a Comment