Sunday, December 14, 2008

A gingerbread disaster

My mom had bought us a gingerbread house set to make every year as a new tradition to start with Taylor. It did sound fun to bake with Taylor and decorate it with her. Well, we tried it today as the beginning of a new tradition. It was a total disaster. Nathan thinks it is all my fault because I didn't follow the directions completely. I used prepackaged gingerbread mix instead of making it from scratch and I didn't follow the construction guidelines completely. It probably is my fault that it was such a disaster. The gingerbread was too heavy and soft, so the sides and the roof kept breaking in half and crumbling when we tried to make them stand up next to each other. Taylor laughed along with us as the house crumbled to the ground. We didn't get to decorate it because there was nothing to decorate. Nathan keeps asking if I am going to try again and as of right now, I have no desire to ever try it again. This may be the end of a tradition that never really started.
Before construction began
Not the prettiest house I've ever seen
After the walls and the roof caved in

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Just wanted to let you know that Geanna showed me your blog and I look at it all the time! You do such a good job of keeping it up. I keep thinking I want to start one, but just haven't yet. ;[ I love all your stories.
Harley just turned 2 and we are expecting again...maybe after this one I will start a blog.;]
Marybeth