Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crazy Red Bird

We have lived in our house in Coppell for almost 2 years now. The previous tenants forgot to tell us that the house came with a resident crazy bird. There is a Cardinal that must live in our front yard or somewhere close. The bird flies to the windows on the front of the house and peeks at them. He does this several times a day. We noticed him when we first moved in, so I put some of Taylor's stuffed animals in the downstairs windows (which looked great from the street - let me tell you). When we had the stuffed animals in the windows, he didn't bother the downstairs windows anymore and started peeking at the upstairs windows. So I put animals in the all the front windows and we didn't hear from the bird for months. I took the animals down about 3 months later thinking he was long gone and he came back almost the next day it seemed like. He has been back every day since and I don't know how to make him stop hitting the windows.

Tait, our Norweigan Elkhound hears everything and the bird use to drive him crazy. Tait doesn't even respond to the peeking at the windows anymore. That is how use to it we all are. It makes me think of the Windex commercials where the birds fly into the window because it is soooo clean. Well, our windows are not that clean and he isn't flying into them. He must just be special.

As I write this, I can hear the bird hitting the window above my desk. Crazy Red Bird!




This is as close as I can get to the window before he flies away. He is on the right side of the window.

1 comment:

jrodges said...

That is absolutely hilarious!!!