Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom-to-mom sale

Saturday morning April and I took all of our 'junk' and kids stuff up to the church parking lot for a giant garage sale. ECPTA hosted a mom-to-mom sale which is pretty much just a bunch of moms getting together with all their kids stuff and selling it. April and I both sold a ton of stuff and it was nice to clean out our garage. The sale was from 8-12, but we packed up and left around 11:30. It was pretty chilly that morning, but it warmed up by the time we left. When I got home, I was a lobster. I didn't realize that my arms, chest, and face were frying in the sun while we were out there. Of course I had my sunglasses on, so I had awesome raccoon eyes Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully it has tanned out mostly on my face, so it isn't so noticeable today. Yes, my mother's day pictures should look pretty great with half my face red and half pale white.

I learned my lesson, I will be bathing in sunscreen this summer if I am outside for any amount of time. Thankfully the sunburn doesn't hurt - it just itches a little bit.

No comments: