Thursday, May 6, 2010

Early, early, early bedtime

Taylor had preschool yesterday and then a friend came home with us for a playdate. When I picked her up from school, her teachers told me she had only slept about 15 minutes (oh, great!). She did really well for not getting a good nap. Last night at 6:30pm, Taylor asked if it was night, night time yet. I said, no not yet and she asked how long till bedtime. She usually goes to bed at 8pm. I said, "how about 30 more minutes and then you can go to bed early tonight". She said, "no, how about 5 more minutes". Right after she said that, she marched up stairs and started getting ready for bed.

I wasn't going to fight her on going to bed early. She went to bed at 6:45 last night, but she played in bed till 8pm. Maybe she just wanted some time alone in her bed with her stuffed animals. I'm glad she didn't fall asleep till 8 because I was really afraid she was going to be up before the sun this morning (not something I wanted to do).

No comments: