Nathan came home yesterday from his boys trip to Colorado. There were 6 guys I think that went skiing and they seem to of had a great time. Nathan called me the first night after skiing all day and told me he had complained all day long because his boots he rented didn't fit right, his legs were aching, etc... So, to correct his boot problem, he bought some ski boots that were fitted perfectly for him. Now we have a pair of ski boots that I am hoping don't get stuck in the back of our closet for the next 20 years. I asked Nathan if he bought them so that I would have to let him go skiing every year since he now owns his own boots. He just kind of laughed....I'm on to him!
We can't wait to get Taylor skiing. We both love to ski and I think she will too. I love watching all those little kids in the ski schools with their itty bitty skis, their huge helmets and little ski suits. Too cute! We will see what stage she is in next year around this time and maybe take her skiing.
Taylor and I held our own this weekend when Nathan was gone, but there were a few moments when I needed him to be there so I could take a break. Whenever I get a little overwhelmed, I always think of what my brother said last August when he was visiting us. Right before he left, he told me that "having a child is exhausting and it never stops. She is like 24 hours a day". It makes me laugh. He couldn't believe how much work she was and how she is always there, etc. My brother is single and hasn't been around a lot of children, so it was a shock to his system. Plus, Taylor loved him and didn't leave him alone!
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment