For about 2 months or so, Taylor has been telling us when she goes poo poo. Tonight I caught her pooping and had her sit on the toilet. Well, she totally pooped in the toilet! Yipee! I do not think she is ready for potting training, but I don't think it would hurt to start letting her go in the toilet whenever I can catch her in the act. She is a dead giveaway though, her face turns all red, she has started to kind of hide when she is doing it and you can see in her face that she is pushing. (She will probably hate me when she is older for blogging about this).
I am just so excited that she went in the potty. I tried to act as excited as I could so she would know it is a good thing to go in the potty. If anyone has any tips on how to reward her besides enthusiasm, please let me know. I know about the whole M&M reward tactic, but I don't want to use food as a reward if possible. I would like to do something not food related, but I will take any ideas.
13 years ago



2 comments:
Stickers!! Stickers on a potty chart work really well. They're cheap, you can make the chart on your computer, and putting it up somewhere prominent will be good motivation and a visual reminder w/out punishment when she doesn't go.
A potty party! My brother and his wife had a potty party with hats and blow horns.
Also, as a reward she would get a phone call from Dora The Explorer (her Mom in the other room of course calling on her Dad's phone) Dora would congratulate her and tell her what a great job that she is doing, etc. Alli couldn't believe that Dora was calling her :)
Post a Comment