Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Anniversary celebration

Saturday was a crazy busy day. We started out with Taylor taking Easter pictures in Frisco with little bunnies. She did great and loved the bunnies. The lady put the bunny in her lap and she just held it close and pet it so gently. Nathan and I were a little nervous, but she did amazing. We haven't gotten the pictures back yet, but I can't wait to see them. We then headed to Micah's birthday party at the Choo Choo Station. We were a little late, but made it in time for cake, so Taylor was in heaven. While Taylor was napping, I went to my bosses son's memorial service. My bosses son lost his 2 year fight with cancer a week ago - he was only 27 years old. When I got home from the service, we got Taylor ready and took her over to Abigail's to play for the night.

Now our anniversary celebration started! Nathan and I went and got massages - they were fabulous. Actually, my lady was like an angel massaging me and Nathan's lady pushed so hard she bruised him. After our massages, we went to Daddy Jack's here in Coppell for dinner. We split steak and lobster - it was pretty good. We decided we wanted to go somewhere else for dessert, so we thought we would go to On the Border for their decadent tres leches cheesecake. I know, I know, you are all thinking we are crazy for going to On the Border - but their cheesecake is beyond fabulous. Well, we got there and waited 20 minutes for our waitress to come take our order. All we ordered was a cup of hot tea and a slice of cheesecake to split. After she finally took our order, about 5 minutes later another waitress came to ask us what we ordered because our waitress couldn't remember. I mean really!?! Then, about 10 minutes later a waitress came out with this dinky slice of cake and asks us if it was ours. We said no and she asked what we ordered - we told her and she informed us that they stopped having that cheesecake a week ago. I wish our waitress would of told us that 45 minutes ago! What a waste of time. I drank my hot tea and we left. We then headed to Pete's dueling piano bar in Addison. Pete's is such a blast. I had called friday to see if we could reserve a table and they were all already reserved. The guy told me to get there at 7pm to get a bar stool. We didn't figure anyone would get there that early, but boy were we wrong when we arrived at 8:15. Every table was filled and most of the bar area was packed. We couldn't believe it! Anyways, we partied with the best of them and had a blast! Yea for our 5 year anniversary. Oh, I almost forgot to tell yall - Nathan sent flowers to my office on friday! There were gorgeous and I have always wanted to get flowers at my office (like in the movies).

No comments: