Friday, April 3, 2009

Kids say the cutest things

I know the saying goes, "Kids say the darnest things", but in Taylor's case, she says the cutest things. Lately she has been getting upset when someone plays with a toy that she is playing with, is hers or she has looked at. She has frequently said the word "MINE" which I have grown to hate. It is such a selfish word. Anyways, I have been telling her that when she gets upset about something like this, that she is not being sweet and she needs to be nice and share. Every thursday before school I tell her that she needs to be nice to all the kids in class and share. She then usually repeats the word nice a few times. Not that she isn't nice to everyone, I just want to remind her. Well, today when I picked her up from class, I asked her if she was sweet to all the kids and she said, "very nice". So darn cute.

People tell you that kids are little sponges and that they pick up on everything. It is so true.
Her other frequent words are - Awwwww Man! and No, No, No! She said Awwww Man the other day and I just started laughing. I couldn't figure out where she would of heard that. I asked Nathan if he says it and he started laughing. He said that I say it all the time. I never realized until he told me that and now I catch myself saying it all the time. Taylor says it cuter though. I almost died the other day in the store. Taylor was sitting in the cart and I was looked in the dollar section at Target. A lady walked by and started looking in the same section as us and Taylor yelled at her with her finger pointed straight at her with this ugly, mean look on her face, "No! No!, No!" I couldn't believe it! Luckily the lady was so nice and said that she has a 3 year old, so she totally understood. Taylor and I had a little talk after that about yelling at strangers. It was so embarrassing.

No comments: