Katherine, me and April before the race
I have to admit that friday night I was regretting my decision to sign up for the 5K. I'm not one to quite, so I figured if worse came to worse, I would just walk the darn thing. Katherine and April came over at 7:15 saturday morning and we headed to downtown Fort Worth. We were all kind of asking ourselves why we signed up for this since none of us really trained for it. When we got downtown, we noticed the mass of people that had turned out for this thing. It was amazing! There were thousands upon thousands of people there.
We got in the line for the and since there were so many people in the race, we didn't even get to the starting line till about 15 minutes after the race had started and there were still thousands of people behind us. It was crazy. We were packed in the street like sardines waiting to cross the starting line. Once we crossed it, we fanned out to the side walks and started running. We ran the entire first mile and then decided to walk a little bit. This turned out to be a good decision because there was this hill that seemed to be straight up! Once we got to the top of the hill, we started running again. April had kept running when Katherine and I stopped at the 1 mile marker. I won't hash out every detail of the race, but I would say we ran about 3/4 of the race. Katherine and I finished the race in 40 minutes which I think it pretty darn good!
I've heard people say that there is the huge sense of accomplishment after you run a race and boy was that right for me. I LOVED it! Absolutely loved running this race! I have always wanted to run a 5K and I did. We are talking about running another one now, but I am going to have to train for this one because my leg muscles (or the lack there of) are killing me today! I talked to April this morning at church and she said she was a little sore too, so that me feel a little better.
I am so glad I did it and I am so thankful that Katherine and April did it with me. My friend Crystal is the one who asked me to do it, but we didn't meet up with her until after the race. She ran it in like 30 minutes, which is great!
This is just a peek at all the people waiting to run infront of us. The balloons mark the starting line.
Crystal and me after the race
me, April and Katherine after the race. I don't think we look too bad for having just run 3.2 miles.



1 comment:
i'm so proud of you guys!! let me know when you sign up for another one!
Post a Comment