This weekend we had a women's retreat with our church. We went to the Texas Star Ranch in Weatherford, Texas. The facility was pretty nice, but the bunk beds were pretty uncomfortable. Our speaker for the weekend was Debbie Eaton from Saddleback Church in California. She was wonderful! We left friday after work and got home saturday afternoon. I can't lie, it was nice to be home. We went to dinner with some friends and then Nathan and I watched a movie. It was so relaxing!
Sunday morning we went to church and I thought that all the women were going to wear their retreat T-shirt, so I sported mine to church. I was the only women in the entire church who wore her shirt to church! Nathan thought it was so funny. Last year, I didn't go to the retreat and they all wore their shirts to church that sunday, so I figured that was just what we were suppose to do. I did feel funny at first, but I was comfortable in my T-shirt, jeans and flip flops. During the church service, we introduced ourselves to a new couple that was visiting our church and the lady pointed to my shirt and asked me about the retreat. So, I don't feel like it was a total loss - something good came out of me wearing my T-shirt.
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment